Wednesday 30 October 2013

Haunted Tunes - A Halloween Playlist

     In the spirit of Halloween, I have made a playlist full of recent, and old songs for you to enjoy. I collected these songs through research of classic Halloween favourites, recent Halloween favourites, and from my own personal judgement. 

1. Kick In The Door by The Notorious B.I.G. - Who can't love Biggie Smalls? This song portrays an "up to no good" vibe; the beat seems great for Halloween. 

2. Transylvania by Tyler, The Creator - This song is pretty much terrible. However, it's scariness and beat make is a good song for the Halloween season. I also recommend avoiding listening to this song while young children come to your door looking for candy.

3. Shook Ones Part II by Mobb Deep - This is another song that has an eery beat. The lyrics and background music all come together to create a perfect song for Halloween. 

4. A Nightmare On My Street by DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince - A true classic. I love the way this song makes fun of Nightmare on Elm Street

5. Somebody's Watching Me by Rockwell - This song is great for any Halloween occasion! The eery lyrics make you wonder if the next time you turn around, someone may be staring and waiting for you. The person that wrote this song is also a diagnosed schizophrenic. 

6. Ghostbusters by Ray Parker Jr. - Another classic. There has not been one Halloween dance or party that I have been to where this song didn't play. It is a great sing-along tune that you can be sure people will know the words to.

7. Monster Mash by Bobby "Boris" Pickett and the Crypt-Kickers - This song is even older than my mom, but it still brings out the best of everyone's spooky Halloween spirits. 

8. Thriller by Michael Jackson - In all reality, who doesn't know this song? It's another great party or dance sing and dance-along. 

9. Diary Of A Madman by Gravediggaz - Although this song is slightly depressing, it still offers a great, creepy Halloween vibe. 

10. We Are Your Friends by Simian vs. Justice - Right from the first note this song sounds Halloween-ish. It is a techno-based song, and offers a great beat for dancing!

11. Dr. Frankenstein by Ice Cube - This song takes you inside the mind of Dr. Frankenstein and is an obvious Halloween hit. Ice Cube is also hilarious.

12. Nightmare by Artie Shaw and His New Music - This song is my favourite of all Halloween songs. This 1938 stunner is a full instrumental song. It makes me feel like I'm in a black and white detective film from the early 40s. 

13. Interview With A Vampire by Ras Kass (ft. God & Satan) - Who knew that both God and Satan could rap? The title, and the song's substance make it another great Halloween song. 

14. Chuckwick by Bushwick Bill - This song scares me even more than Chucky in Child's Play ever did. 

15. Hell Sent by Bone Enterprise - This song has the ability to scare me more than anything else. The intro gives me chills, and I refuse to listen to it alone. 




All rights belong to each artist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment